A fraternity of friendship with power, poise and purpose. Power - the power of friendship in human relationship. Poise - the steadiness of friendship at all times. Purpose - to keep the balance of friendship active in our daily lives.
 www.gyro.ws 

Go to the Home Page www.gyro.ws
 
 
District III
Officers

1st Lt. Governor
Brent Malfara
Gyro Club of
Peterborough
 
2nd Lt. Governor
Robert Fraser
Gyro Club of
St. Catharines
 
Past Governor
Membership Chair
Steve Glamuzina
Gyro Club of
Buffalo
 
Secretary-
Treasurer
Jim Wyrobek
Gyro Club of
Buffalo
 
Database
Administrators
Glenn Pollinger
& Ab Nightingale
Gyro Club of
Toronto
 
Website Content
Ab Nightingale
Gyro Club of
Toronto

 

 

BUFFALO
Chartered 1916

TORONTO
Chartered 1919

SYRACUSE
Chartered 1920

ROCHESTER
Chartered 1921

PORT COLBORNE
Chartered 1930

KITCHENER-
WATERLOO
Chartered 1935

ST. CATHARINES
Chartered 1954

PETERBOROUGH
Chartered 1959

ETOBIAN
Chartered 1972

 

The Firefox Internet browser is FREE, fast, secure and customizable.
The Firefox Internet browser makes your online experience even better.
 
Share any file you like with everyone you know.
Looking for ways to send big files - USE wetransfer.
 
Gyro International Links
 
International Home Page
Gyro Store
Membership Database
Electronic Forms

Gyro District III Links
 
District III Home Page
Calendar of Events
Interim Convention
Annual Convention

Gyro Club of Port Colborne Links
 
Port Colborne Home Page
Newsletters
Photographs
The Members
President's Report
History & Charter Members
Past Club Presidents
Past Governors
Past Int'l Presidents
Past Conventions
Awards
Calendar of Events
 
 
View the Gyro Calendar of Events
 
View Calendar
GYRO CLUB OF PORT COLBORNE

History and Charter Members

 

CHARTERED JUNE 26, 1930

Sponsored by the Gyro Club of Hamilton
and the Gyro Club of Buffalo.

 

History

Our Beginning:
The Gyro Club of Port Colborne was born on June 10th, 1930, with C. Roy Howard as our first President.

 
Our Charter Night, June 26th, 1930:
On that memorable evening, District III Governor Allcott Neary, conducted the Installation of the Gyro Club of Port Colborne into the International Association of Gyro Clubs, at St. James Guild Hall, Port Colborne.

 
Our Sponsors:
Our club was sponsored by the Hamilton Gyro Club through Gyro Norm Helwig, and seconded by the Buffalo Gyro Club through Harold J. Cook and by the Toronto Gyro Club through Fred Ellens.  Membership of the Gyro Club of Port Colborne began with 39 charter members.  C. Roy Howard our Charter President was our President for our first two years.

 

Charter Members

Aitcheson, J. Earl
Archibald, Geo. B.
Bradt, Leo W.
Butcher, Dr. E. C.
Cuthbert, John D.
Davis, Wm. A.
English, Ed. R.
Force, E. H.
Green, Harold G.
Hobbs, Len
Hornick, Leslie E.
Jamieson, James A.
Kern, Henry W.
Marsh, Reg. A.
McAvoy, Ambrose P.
McBride, Ernie, G.
McDonald, Hugh J.
Morningstar, Chas. K.
Nixon, Durbin A.
Nute, Clarence W.
Owen, Wm. L.
Rather, Morris F.
Reeb, Harry E.
Robinson, Percy
Saville, Archie T.
Saville, Leonard H.
Thomson, Jas. R.
Tubman, Arnold
Wolfe, Chas. E.
Wood, Arnold James
Wright, Wm. A.

 

Charter Executive

President: C. Roy Howard
Vice-President: A. E. MacGirr
Secretary: Lew G. Bell
Director: R. Harvey Wismer
Director: Victor A. Lynden
Director: G. Douglas Peacock
Director: Allen F. Prittie
Director: Don Gall

 return to top of page